Falling In Love

Monday, January 12, 2009

How could You see
Past all these things about me
And still You kept pursuing
My Lover, My Prince Charming

Seasons came, and seasons flew
Still, You were there, waiting
Then I started falling
Falling hopelessly in love with You

You made me want to follow
Wherever You may go
Made me want to live out
A life that is for You alone

Sometimes, though, I forget
How Your reckless love rescued me
Still You are there, waiting
For me to fall in love with You again

*****

I can' believe I wrote a poem before going to school! I don't know. I just woke up, then, when I was in the shower, I started singing that Hillsong song, "Better than the riches of this world/ Better than the sound of my friends' voices/ Better than the biggest dreams in my heart/ And that's just the start... Hold me now in Your arms and never let me go... I can't stop falling in love with You/ I'll never stop falling in love with You..." After that, I found myself writing a poem in my head, and this was how it came out.

In this poem, God is my pursuing Lover/Prince Charming. It's not (only) because He is magnificent and perfect in every way, but also, because of how He rescued me (and all the other "damsels-in-distress"... figuratively, of course). This was how I was able to praise Him before going to school, and yeah, it's in a pretty non-conventional way. *

0 comments: