The Day My iMac Froze

Monday, January 12, 2009

I just took a bath. Then, the unexpected happened.

I went to my computer and moved my mouse. Okay... not moving. I looked at the DSL connection timer (which shows at the upper right hand screen and appears in this format: :: connected). Not moving either! My supposedly invincible iMac froze!

In hopes of getting my computer to work again, I turned it off for a few seconds, then turned it on again. I gave it a few minutes to load, but the loading screen did not appear. It was already getting late, so, I went to sleep with the light blue screen (which appears before loading) there. When I woke up, the light blue screen was still there. No loading screen. THAT WAS BAD.

I suddenly remembered my chat with Kev the other day (01/09/09, Friday, about 6:30 PM), where I mentioned that if I were to remember Bible verses that remind me of him, one of them was Galatians 5:22-23, a.k.a. the Fruit of the Spirit.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23


"... and self-control." Of all those computers that would freeze, mine froze. I do know that it froze partly because I left it on for more than 24 hours straight, but I've done that before, and this was the first time it happened to me (plus, the incident happened right after I took a bath). It's definitely God telling me to have self-control in using the computer.

While I wait for the customer service/technical support personnel to come fix my iMac, and that light blue screen (of death) still continues to appear, I better take this opportunity to spend more time with Him and get more sleep. Hehe.*

P.S. @Kev: These "connection moments" always happen... and they continue to amaze me.

0 comments: