Countdown

Friday, March 6, 2009

Here I go again making a post before I officially turn a year older.

I'm going to turn 18 next Wednesday, and I still wonder if I had already experienced all the stuff people need to go through before I reach that age where Filipinos (especially the girls) earn that "right of passage."

Oh well. Who really cares who went through what? At least not me. I'm actually talking nonsense to myself again. Hahaha. Anyway...

Last Sunday, I was reminded of Hosea, one of the Old Testament prophets. who was instructed by God to marry a prostitute. This was because of a talk by a modern-day prophet named Stacey Campbell in a church me and my father "visited." Actually, she just dropped off Hosea's name, and I, being the curious person I am, searched who Hosea was (because even I forgot his story).

I was reading the summary of the story on the net last Monday morning (because I cannot resist my curiosity), and this was what I found out:

Hosea was a remarkable man who really followed God, even if it hurts. He went on to marry Gomer, who God prophesied to become a prostitute, name children after names that were equated to "doom" because God told him so, went on to search and buy out Gomer at an auction when he found out that she was sold at the market after being disposed by her lover, and forgave Gomer.

I actually had some tears in my eyes when I finished reading his story. I never knew there was a love story in the Old Testament that's so moving it can make you cry. Not only did it show Hosea's unwavering faith on God, but it also showed how much God loves His people - how far He would go for His love.

So, that's Hosea.

It's Friday night again, and it will be Monday soon. Oh, how time flies so fast.

At least life's good. God's good.

0 comments: