Start of Term. Now.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

There are those days when you like and dislike school at the same time. You like going to class because you learn, but you dislike going to class because of the numerous requirements you need to pass.

So you wish it was the start of term, so that everything goes in a relatively easy/slow pace.

I really don't mind not having a "summer" summer. I'm actually considering summer classes to lighten my load for the first term of the next school year. "Summer" summer makes me a bum. Eat, sleep, surf the net... It makes me so lazy.

In a different light of things...

The 12th of March was just as good as the 11th's. More of that next time (when I actually have the mood to type it down. This will definitely happen, BTW.).

There's this pretty poem from the devotional I'm reading (Walking On: Women On The Journey). It's actually quoted by the writer of the entry, Wawa B. Ponce:

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking: 'My name is I AM.'
He paused. I waited. He continued.

'When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets,
it is hard.
I am not there.
My name is not I was.
When you live in the future, with its problems and fears,
It is hard.

I am not there.
My name is not I will be.
When you live in this moment it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I AM.

-Helen Mallicoat

If one would ask me how I felt about the poem, I'll summarize it in two words: "Kinilig ako." Haha. It's a strange description, but I had good goosebumps when I finished reading the poem. I'm the kind of person who worries what would happen the day after next, so it is comforting to be assured that He is "I AM" and not "I will be" once in a while.

Another verse that came into mind when I read this poem was:

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

Well... that's all for now. I still need to get up at 4 A.M. tomorrow. We need to go to Tagaytay, for some reason. Hehe.

0 comments: