PoeDreams I

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As of this writing, I'm still in Baguio, and I had one of "those" dreams again. They are pretty strange dreams where I am in some empty room with a table, a chair, writing instruments and some paper... and I write a song of praise to God. Weird. Weird. Weird.

Now I usually forget the songs I write in my dream when I wake up in the morning, despite my best efforts to memorize all the lines! (During my dream, I figure that the melody is so-so, but I just NEED to DOCUMENT the lyrics!) It's amazing that today, I have the opportunity to actually "preserve" my lyrics (I took fragments of my dream, typed it in my laptop which is just a few feet away. Very convenient.).

I figured I'd name them "PoeDreams," since I got them from sleeping anyway.*

*****

We
Human beings
Created supreme
Peak of creation
Envy of all
Sin made us fall
But You came and broke the law

Oh
How could it be
My Savior, my King
You gave Your life for me

I come
With an empty palm
Now You dwell in my heart
As Your loving response

Hallelujah
My God is good
My God is good

Hallelujah
Forever You reign
My Lord who once was slain

0 comments: