Beginning Anew

Monday, December 29, 2008

Today is December 28, 2008. The last Sunday of the year 2008. Less than 96 hours away from the so-called "New Year."

I'm doing such a cliche'd thing - writing an entry entitled "Beginning Anew." How unoriginal. But, trust me, this is for a reason. I'm starting off on a "clean slate," that is, putting this entry in an empty, soon-to-be-filled, blog. I have decided I want to grow as a person, especially on the spiritual aspect, and in order to do this, I need to "throw away extra luggage" (as said the book of Hebrews). Also, since I really never had that habit of writing in a diary, like other people (blogging, on the other hand, just seems so natural), I'd like to have a special place in the digital world for documenting my journey through life and through Christ. (Wow. It sounds even more credible with the fact that I'm turning 18 - *ehem* supposedly "transition to adulthood" blah - this March.)

However, aside from all of that, something keeps bugging me. There's that nagging in my heart and brain that I want to write something. I don't know what "that" is - a poem, an essay, a short story... whatever - all I know is, there is that desire in me to write (though I am no exceptional writer) and shell my heart out, despite my limited vocabulary and trail of thought.

As for 2009, I want to grow more (in all those ending with an -al aspects... If I'm going to earn a few millimeters left before I stop growing, those few millimeters are very much welcome. Haha.), learn more (Tsk. Tsk. The never-ending course called "life."), and love more (Focus on the "Spread the Love. Spread the Word." motto which Kev and I coined together. I may have no life verse, but if there is such a thing as a life quote, that is it.). I'm more determined than ever to live my life out and be that fruit-bearing branch I was set out to be.*

P.S. About my post last year, yeah, I somehow achieved my goals.

0 comments: